Verification and reviewing process
The submitted paper undergoes a two-step verification process. First, the manuscript is subject to thematic and formal verification against the subject scope of the journal. Further, it is checked for plagiarism using specialist software. Second, the anonymous peer review process is carried out in two ways. That means that each paper receives at least two referee comments (the third one in case of two extreme opinions). Reviewers are paid for evaluating articles. The review and verification period may take up to 2 to 3 months. All reviews are verified by Thematic (Area) Editors and Editor-in-Chief who is responsible for making the final decision on accepting the manuscript (article) for publication.
Authors are requested to submit two versions of the manuscript so that the anonymity of the review process is ensured. The first of them is full, with all required personal data, whereas the second one (intended for reviewers) is blind, with author identity masked. Thus, the following information ought to be removed:
- first name(s) and surname(s) of the author(s);
- names of institutions;
- affiliation(s) of the author(s);
- phrases with expressions of appreciation for other people;
- sources of financial support or patronage;
- projects under which research was carried out;
- experts and third parties who contributed to the preparation of the manuscript.
Manuscripts that do not meet the above requirements will be returned to the author(s) for necessary revision.